Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Tabber Not Showing Up After I Updated To 3.4.2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chris Taylor_*

Guest_Chris Taylor_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hello

After I updated to 3.4.2 the tabber widget quit showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hi Chris,

Can you provide a link to your site so we can take a look?

Also, the first thing I might try would be to test your other plugins for conflicts.  So deactivate all of your plugins except for Tabber and see if it works.  If it does, turn your other plugins back on one at a time to find the one creating the conflict.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 andreakropp

andreakropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hi Elise-

We just updated to WP 3.4.2 and Builder 4.0.1.  Pretty heavily customized child theme from the very earliest days of Builder...

Things went smoothly but we seem to have lost the tabbers in the Tabber Widget plugin.  Where once there were tabs, there is now a vertical row of links.  They do work in the sense that clicking on them changes the content in each tab as you would expect.  The styling is just completely gone.  There's an image attached.

We've already deactivated all plugins to check for conflicts, but the issue remains even with all plugins deactivated (except the tabber widget plugin of course).  Leads me to believe that it was either the wp or new Builder update.  No other changes made...

The site is at http://practicelight.com, but it's a protected site and there's not much more to see unless you want to check out the back end.vanishing-tabs.JPG

We rely pretty heavily on the tabber widget, so any help would be appreciated.  We backed up the site (got to love BB), but I'd really prefer not to revert.

Thanks!

-Karl

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi Karl,

I know you said it's a heavily customized child theme that you're using.  In that customization, did you make an styling changes to the Tabber Widget?  It's possible the Builder update changed how some of that renders, though it still appears the same on my site.  

It'd be best if I could take a look at what's going on.  You can email me WordPress login credentials to elise@ithemes.com or pm me the information here on the forum.  Do you have any screenshots of how you're wanting it to look?  That'd help too as I look through your code.

Please include a link to this post when you send me your WordPress login information so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hi Karl,

Essentially what I did was I went into your version of rounded-light.css, compared it to the version that I have.  I then pulled out and copied any changes that you'd made, updated your version of the plugin (you had the current version, I just updated to a version without your custom code) and then pasted your custom CSS into the child theme's style.css.  I then had to make some additional tweaks (and you may want to make more to get it how you'd like), but everything seems to be working as it should.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise