Wait - When Subscription Expires The Plugin Stops Working?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Danny_*

Guest_Danny_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have backup buddy for 2 sites, then another license for the company I work for, for 10 sites (under a different username).

I know subscriptions are temporary on iThemes... but I always thought that was for support and updates. Do the plugins simply expire too and become useless after the year is up?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,698 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi,

you are correct here:

View PostDanny, on 14 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I know subscriptions are temporary on iThemes... but I always thought that was for support and updates.

Subscriptions are for support and updates. Your plugins will work, and continue to work, without any limitations or restrictions on as many sites as you want without a subscription,

View PostDanny, on 14 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Do the plugins simply expire too and become useless after the year is up?

No, plugins will not become useless.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Jeff Cohan_*

Guest_Jeff Cohan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

What does support cost after the first year?

Jeff Cohan

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,698 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi Jeff,

you need to purchase a new subscription for the specific product, so that depends on the price of the product,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Luc Rambaldi_*

Guest_Luc Rambaldi_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hi Ronald,
I bought many plugins subscriptions few days ago and I like them.
Last year, I had paid for Builder (unlimited site) for one year, and it's ok to renew each year.
But last year, when I decided to use Builder, I paid... 97 $.
Now it's 197 $ ! My decision would have been different if I had knew that one year ago.
I'm not sure I want to be in the same situation in one more year with all my sites.
How can I do to continue using Builder AND feeling secure with it...
Thank you for your answer.
Luc

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I've been using the product under the 10 site license I have. It's the 2 site license the one that expired. I do have one last question...

My only problem is that Backupbuddy constantly gives me a warning in the WP plugins panel (and this on both my accounts, the expired one and the current one):

Manage Licenses : License Key is not set yet or invalid. Manage your license for automatic upgrades. Plugin up to date.

And this happens often, even if I have done nothing to the plugin in weeks. It's really annoying. So I have to go back and reset - erase the old key and generate a new key.

Of course, since this also happens with the account that recently expired, I could not generate the key - because it expired. I don't understand why it has to purge the key like that. It's frustrating.

I understand that I can't get any more updates to the expired account, but it should still be working in it's current version.

BTW, for reference, my other license is under the ID: RavX.

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

@guest_guest,

for specific licensing issues (with valid subscriptions), please sign into the forum with your username and password and post in the Licensing issues forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/175-licensing-issues/

thanks,
Ronald

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,698 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

@guest_luc_rimbaldi,

we have changed the pricing options on Builder, and now offer single child themes and the Foundation pack for $80. We have increased the price on the "all themes" package, but you are not required to purchase the same "all themes" package.

Any purchase will give you another year of Builder updates, and support via the forum, and access to the child theme(s) you purchase. If you are an existing member, and renewing your subscription, using the customer loyalty coupon will even give you 25% discount, so you could end up paying considerably less than you paid before,

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

#9 alxndrdr

alxndrdr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

My membership is expiring soon for the "Backup Buddy Unlimited Sites" plan.  After reading the FAQ and looking for answers online I still have a few questions:

When the membership expires do I:
  • lose access to these support forums?
  • lose access to the latest versions of backup buddy? (so I'm stuck with the one I presently have?)

If I want to renew my subscription so I still get the access to support forums and the latest verisonf of backup buddy, can I just purchase any plan as they all say "1 year support and updates" or do I need to get specfically a backup buddy plan?

Thanks!

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi alxndrdr,

When your membership expires, you will no longer have access to the support forums and to any updates to BackupBuddy.  So you'd only have access to the last version of BackupBuddy that you downloaded from your member panel.  You will only have access to the support forums that you have a product for.  So, for instance, if you purchase LoopBuddy, you would have access to the LoopBuddy forum and LoopBuddy updates, but not the BackupBuddy forum or BackupBuddy updates.  

Let me know if that answers your questions or not!

Thanks,

Elise

#11 alxndrdr

alxndrdr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thank you Elise, its clear now.