Build A Wordpress Theme Without Blog Or Comment Features.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Theobane_*

Guest_Theobane_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi

My name is Theo,

i was just wondering with the Itheme builder and child builder is it possible to build a theme that doesn't have the blog feature or comment feature. Basicaly i wish to use Wordpress to build website's for people that just want to display a little bit of info and look cool.

Regards
  Theo

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hi Theo,

That's actually something you can adjust in WordPress itself.  You can select to have a static homepage, not the blog, and just don't select a page for the blog to appear.  

You also have the option to disable comments in WordPress itself.  In the post/page you're working on, you can deselect the "Allow comments" option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Theobane_*

Guest_Theobane_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thank you for your help Elise

Ive used quite a few systems, and wordpress looks good but the whole blog/comment is quite annoying.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
  Theo

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Theo,

Originally WordPress was built as a blogging platform (and still is over at WordPress.com), so most of those features are still a part of the system.  However, there are many non-blog sites that use WordPress.  And you can do so much with it.  One of my favorite examples of a non-blog WordPress site is an artist's site - Citizen Cope.  You can also see some of the great things people have done using WordPress as a CMS, not a blog, on the WordPress Showcase.  

Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Thanks,

Elise