Frolic Social Icons

Frolic social icons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark Menefee_*

Guest_Mark Menefee_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have the builder with associated child ithemes.  Whenever I use any of the free plugins to add social icons I encounter a problem.  The plugins don't just add the icons to the posts and pages they add them to every widget area which messes up formatting and puts many, many social icons on the same internet display.   Will Frolic automatically add them just to the posts or pages and not the widgets?  For other plugins I have to manually add the codes to the pages and posts.

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hello Mark,

If you're comfortable with a little code you can use do_shortcode to place Frolic in all posts, pages, etc. We can point you in the right direction to learn more about that. Otherwise you will have to manually enter the shortcode into each post or page. As far as widget use, your icons will only show in the widget area you place it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,261 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

The plugins don't just add the icons to the posts and pages they add them to every widget area which messes up formatting and puts many, many social icons on the same internet display.

This problem can easily be fixed using CSS (here is an example). For further details, post in Builder support forum with the URL where this issue can be seen.