Purchased Website Files Backed Up With Back Up Buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Lucky_*

Guest_Lucky_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I just purchased a website and the previous owner said that he would transfer the site files etc., I'm new to all this.  He ultimately didn't load the site files.. I loaded the zipped file (on hostgator) with lots of help from the tech team.  But the files are marke "backup buddy" and I'm told I need to install that plug-in to get the site to actually load.  Right now is just a standard blog site loaded.

I don't know what to do.  I'm not technical at all..

Am I supposed to buy this plugin just to get my site to load? And am I correct, it costs like $75?  And what is a 10 license?  I'm really lost here and I know I sound dumb for asking.

Lucky

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hi Lucky,

In order to have access to product updates and the support forums, you would need to purchase BackupBuddy.  The package with 2 licenses is currently $75 dollars.  That just means that you can install and license BackupBuddy on up to 2 sites.

You don't actually need to install BackupBuddy in order to load the site.  Did your developer also give you an importbuddy.php file?  You'd need that along with the password for ImportBuddy and you can load the site.  You should try to get in touch with your site developer and get that along with instructions if possible.

Thanks,

Elise