Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

How Can I Tell If Loop Buddy Will Work With My Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 gecko_guy

gecko_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

Before I seriously consider purchasing Loop Buddy, is it possible to find out if it will be compatible with one of the themes I am using?

I don't want to make major code changes to get it to work, and I would like it to work without using widgets.

Gaia theme by Mattia Viviani under the Themeforest label. An example of this theme may be found in use here:

willlondon.com

Also interested if it works with Headway. You guys are very familiar with HW so I don't think I need to post a link to an example.

I really just want it to work without needing to make major tweaks, are you able to advise if this is the case for HW and Gaia?

Thanks

Guy

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi Guy,

If your theme supports the Loop Standard, then LoopBuddy would work with the theme.  I'm not familiar with the Gaia theme, but I do know that we have a number of LoopBuddy users who work with Headway themes.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 gecko_guy

gecko_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hi guys,

I am well and truly stumped. I have purchased LoopBuddy, and I am trying to integrate it into a completely custom theme built by someone else.

The theme is non-standard in every way, is this something I can get some help with?

I have read the help files extensively but I am now so confused I'm just going in circles.

There are various php files, all of which look like they should be able to be included in the standard loop, but nothing seems to work. I can get the error message saying that Loopbuddy is not supported to go, but can't get the custom loops under the control of loopbuddy.

I have a functions.php, and index.php, various templates, and empty style.css, and then a whole bunch of other stuff in a framework folder.

The way the theme is built, is to have some custom post types and taxonomies that display on a couple of pages, but the designer has designed it in such a way that the focus of the products is all wrong and I need to rebuild the custom post types.

Where to even begin?

This is an example page that is pulling in the custom post type and taxonomies. I want to take control of this template and everything else behind it.

http://www.gravityflooring.co.uk/commercial/

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,362 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi,

please post your support requests in the LoopBuddy support forum, so that our moderators can assist you,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.