any plans to create a short code for tabber?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 riskiii

riskiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Is there any plans to add a shortcode to tabber? If not can you give me a general guidline how to add it. By the way, using tabber as a guide, I have created an accordion widget, and would be glad to give it to iThemes to polish and give away, as I have no desire to release it, don't want the support it as I am not that confident how the underpinnings work.

thanks,

Danny
Danny G Smith

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,704 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

Hi Danny,

perhaps this plugin will do for the time being,

let us know,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 riskiii

riskiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

It looks very promising, but as you see, I am the last comment on that site, I am having problems with more than one occurance. I will keep pluging though.
Danny G Smith

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,704 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

And I'll bring you accordion to the attention of our tech guys, thanks for that!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

I've added this suggestion to the Wishlist for this product. It shouldn't be difficult to implement so I'll look at getting this added soon. Thanks!
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In

#6 riskiii

riskiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

That would be great!

thanks,

Danny
Danny G Smith

#7 saltcity

saltcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Any progress on adding shortcodes to Tabber? I really can't find anything that compares to the functionality of Tabber, but I need it in a Page, not a widget area. Like this site: http://heatwurx.com/hwx-ap40.php

Can't quite figure out this "shortcode any widget" plugin, where I need to specify the tab set.

#8 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi Roy,

Thanks for posting about this suggestion too. I've made this the top suggested feature request for Tabber Widget. Whenever there is any update on this I'll let you all know, thanks!

Regards,

#9 saltcity

saltcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Bes, any tips for the plugin Ronald suggested or any other workarounds?

The suggested 'AmR Shortcode Any Widget' plugin specifies this format.

[do_widget "widget name"]. I'm guess "widget name" is TABBER or TABBER_WIDGET? But I have 4 different widget groups, so I'm not sure how this translates. This widget mentions other variations...

"If you use a widget more than once for different shortcodes, you can use
the widget id to isolate which widget instance (and of course
associated settings to use).  ie: [do_widget id=categories-6] "

Any ideas?

#10 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm, that's the problem you'll face at this time with other plugins trying to auto-shortcode any non-shortcode widget plugins - they're external plugins and thus we don't support them [the reason you can already see: they'll have issues configuring to be run properly, for example].

I don't think you'll be able to use that shortcode formula [at least easily] with Tabber Widget at this time. Put the Tabber Widgets you want [all 4 of them] on any page in the widget section. Then look at the source code and find out their css identifier [for example, one of them may be tabber_widget-6 or something similar with the numbers varying].

Take that number and put it into the [do_widget id=6]. For widget name, try tabber_widget, yes.

If those don't work, I can't see at this time what can be done with that plugin. You'll have to wait for the official shortcode support for that then.

Regards,

#11 Christine Capra

Christine Capra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hello, here is another work around, I have used this to get tabber widgets on pages and posts:

This creates a widgetized sidebar you call with a shortcode.

In custom_functions.php:

//Registering the sidebar
function ilc_register_sidebars(){
	register_sidebar(array(
		'name' => 'Sidecode',
		'description' => 'Widgets in this area will be shown using [shortbar]',
		'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="%2$s">',
		'after_widget' => '</div>',
'before_title' => '<h3>',
'after_title' => '</h3>'
	));
}
add_action( 'init', 'ilc_register_sidebars');
add_shortcode( 'shortbar', 'shortbar_sc' );

//Creating the shortcode output
function shortbar_sc( $atts ) {
	ob_start();
	dynamic_sidebar('sidecode');
	$html = ob_get_contents();
	ob_end_clean();
	return $html;
}

Then call with: [shortbar]

Edited by Christine Capra, 09 July 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#12 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much for that information!  I know it will be useful to other customers and we really appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Elise

#13 slava

slava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Is it be possible to have multiple "sidecode" widgets for multiple pages? or can it only be used once?
Im trying to create 1 tabbed content for each of 10 product pages. similar to http://www.sttropeztan.com/self-tan-bronzing-mousse

or am I better off creating a layout for each of the 10 pages, with widget areas to embed tabber widget the default way?

thanks

#14 Greg Davis

Greg Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I also just found this plugin called "Widgets on Pages" and it works great for me!  Below is an attached screen shot of where I was able to add the Tabber Widget to a static page.  I can't share the live link (yet) because the site is still in development mode, but figured the screenshot might help.

Let me know if there are questions.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot1.jpeg