Question On Multisite Pre Purchase

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_D Fionda_*

Guest_D Fionda_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hello Was looking for a multisite solution and came across your product. I have a couple of questions:

1.) I see that Multisite is in beta. When do you plan to make it production
2.) Is it possible to backup and store each site in a multisite blog or do yo backup all sites and then restore individual sites?
3.) Do you have plans to allow upload to sugarsync?
4.) We have a development server and a live server, since we are virtual. Can we migrate the site just as easily as from localhost, which I have read about several of your users doing?

Thanks in advance for your time

Dave

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 15,215 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi Dave,

1. Yes Multisite functionality with BackupBuddy is in beta (mostly entire network migrations, but entire stuff is beta). There isn't any current timeline other than when it is ready.

2. You can make a backup of each site in the network and restore/export/import the individual sites as you want.

3. There isn't any immediate current plans of adding them as a remote destination, but things like that are always up for review.

4. Localhost is fine.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Dave Fionda_*

Guest_Dave Fionda_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Akers

Thanks for your response

A clarification. Can you develop on one site on the web (developsite.com) and backup and restore to production site (productionssite.com) Both are on the web. We cant develop locally becuase we are virtual.

Also can you purchase the 2 site license and then upgrade?

Thanks!

Dave

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 15,215 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hi Dave,

Yes should be able to migrate from one site to another fine, developing a site locally on your computer isn't required (but is possible for those that want to).

You can upgrade from a 2-site license if/when you want. I don't know the details about upgrading as much but you would email sales@ithemes.com if you wanted to do that.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX