Questions About Loopbuddy And Builder Theme Before Making Buying Decision

Loopbuddy builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Stefan_*

Guest_Stefan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Client wants to setup a Dance Portal with WordPress to cover the Netherlands. Here we have to deal with 10 difference styles of dance and with 30 regions.
The portal has to display the content related to an individual dance company/dance school, but there has to be also a feature to find the dance company by style or by region. In the ultimate way first select the style and then start searching for the associated schools by region.  This means that I need to get some filter, group by and sorting features. The ideal picture is to have a dynamic search option of Style, Region and maybe also City

To my understanding is your Loop Buddy  - in combination with Custom Press - a good way to set up the details around the dance companies and to use the available queries to present them in a certain way.

I have been watching some of the movies and documentation. I still have the following questions before I may decide to go for the Developer Pack of Builder Theme, which includes the Loop Buddy plugin:

Is this Loop Buddy plugin limited to your Themes or will it work also with other Themes?
I'm currently using InFocus (http://mysitemyway.com/)

Is this plugin working in combination with sub-domain based setup of Multisite WordPress?

Within the theme Builder - are there also options to create (home)pages with slideshows -  like pictures or pictures in combination with text on top or next to the pictures?

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hello Stefan,

Welcome to the iThemes Community Forums!

Thanks for your interest in LoopBuddy :)!

1) LoopBuddy will work with any theme that supports the WordPress Loop.

http://ithemes.com/codex/page/LoopBuddy#The_Loop_Standard

2) Yes, LoopBuddy will work on Multisite.

3) Builder is extremely flexible! You'll be able to set up any page with any type of content or media that you'd like. As a matter of fact we also have some great plugins to help with this!

iThemes Plugins

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald