Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Backupbuddy - Can Not Get New License

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

I am completely lost .... my yearly subscription is over, I had a 10 license plan. Used only 3 or 4, but now I am not able to generate new codes anymore, is that correct or do I do something wrong?

#2 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

You have already generated all the keys you have available or your licenses have expired. Please obtain additional licenses or unlicense a site. ERROR L14513-JW

#3 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

no idea why I am getting this message

#4 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Now I am getting this message "Invalid license key, it has expired, or it is already in use. Please verify the key or contact support for assistance."

#5 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi Richard

Thanks for being a BackupBuddy customer.

Licences are only valid whilst there is an active membership subscription. During the membership subscription period the licences entitle you to automatic updates on a licenced site (in your case that would have been up to 10 licenced sites) and also access to support through the forum - both of these entitlements expire with the subscription expiry. However, BackupBuddy remains fully functional and you can continue to install and use it on sites as you wish.

If you wish to renew your membership and thus have access to updates and support again then as a returning customer you can get a membership discount which is currently 25% I believe. Dependent on when your membership expired it may be that your existing licences can be reactivated (subject to the licence limit of whatever membership you might choose) or alternatively you may need to generate and attach new licences to any sites already licensed.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#6 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Jeremy, I am very sorry but I do not understand what you say ... on the one hand you say you need ot have an active membership on the other hand you state that BB remains fully functional.

I purchased a license to be able to install BB on 10 sites. Currently I have it on 2, one gave me an issue so I wanted to give it a new license, but apparently that is not working. The site where the license works is doing fine.

Do you mean that I have bad luck and that I 'lost' the 9 remaining licenses? And that I can remain using the 1 that is currently working until when ever?

#7 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 13,630 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi Richard

From your original post: " .... my yearly subscription is over"

From my response above: "Licences are only valid whilst there is an active membership subscription."

Whether you happened to have used 1 or 10 licences during that period the same condition applies.

Also from my response above: "BackupBuddy remains fully functional and you can continue to install and use it on sites as you wish" but of course you no longer have access to the support forum or updates which are tied to the membership subscription period which, as you mention in your case, is over.

The membership that you had entitled you to have, at any one time during that membership period, up to 10 sites with BackupBuddy installed and licensed and hence eligible for automatic updates. The expiration of a licence does not in and of itself change the functionality of BackupBuddy.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#8 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi Jeremy thanks for the clarification, so if I understand you well I should still be able to create 10 license keys and I should be able to backup 10 sites ... why do I then get the error messages when I try to get a new license key? Is there a way to mail directly instead of via this forum so that I can send you my licensecode or what ever you need so that support can look into it

Edited by Richard, 30 October 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi Richard,

As Jeremy stated before, licenses are only valid while there is an active membership subscription.  Meaning you are no longer able to generate licenses for your sites if your membership has ended.

However, you can continue to install and use BackupBuddy on as many sites as you'd like.  You will not be able to license BackupBuddy, but the licenses do not effect functionality at all.  So you will no longer be able to license the product and you'll no longer have access to support or product updates, but you can continue to use BackupBuddy.  

Thanks,

Elise

#10 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

hmmm perhaps I am not on the same page as you two, ... do you mean that I can still simply go to 'add plugin' and install the BB plugin? Do I not need to generate a license then?

#11 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 13,630 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi Richard

BackupBuddy is installed and activated in the same way as any other WordPress plugin.

Regards...jeremy

#12 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi Richard,

Just to continue on what Jeremy said - You're right, you can install BackupBuddy the same way you do any other plugin.  You will not be able to generate a license key though.  But the plugin should continue to work as always as the license does not affect functionality.  You do not need to generate a license key!

Thanks,

Elise

#13 brightnovella

brightnovella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

I am also lost. An update happened on Nov 7 and my membership expired on Nov 9th. If I didn't PHYSICALLY go download a new version of the plugin for my sites in the future, I am out of luck?
I purchased the ultimate and hope I can contintue to use the plug in for my new sites.
This really is hard to understand.
I don't like putting this in a public forum either. Is there a way to talk on the telephone?
I'd appreciate it. I've been promoting Backup Buddy and can't do that in the future if it is now a subscription product -- which I was trying to avoid.

#14 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi brightnovella,

I'm sorry that you don't like posting in the forum, but this is our only form of support.  We don't have phone support.

You can continue to use BackupBuddy without renewing your membership.  You would need a copy of the plugin to be able to install it on other sites, but if you have that, you can install it and use it on as many sites as you'd like.  Renewing your membership entitles you to support and to product updates, but is not required to continue using the product.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise