Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Forum Login Password Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 radices

radices

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Is the password for the members area connected to the forums or completely separate? In any case I repeatedly have problems logging in and have to reset the password. I also am getting an error trying to change the password again.

"You must complete the whole form"
Glenn Tate
GT Management Systems
Toronto, Canada
www.gtmanagement.com www.durhamhouses.info
@gtmanagement

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

when your (membership) account is created after purchase, a forum account with the same username and password is created at the same time. After that, changing password in the member area won't automatically synch with the forum password. Changing the password through the forum is currently not available. Does the "Ive forgotten my password" link in the forum signin page not work for you?

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 radices

radices

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Yes the forgotten link works but what I'm saying is a day later the password isn't working again and I have to go through it all again.
Glenn Tate
GT Management Systems
Toronto, Canada
@gtmanagement

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi,

We've not had any such issues before, can you send me your password by e-mail (ronald@ithemes.com) so I can check as soon as this happens (a day later), and try to get to the bottom of this,

thanks, and let us know when this happens again!
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 radices

radices

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi, Further research shows that it has retained the auto generated password and will not allow me to change it. See attached ...I get that after filling out the 3 lines and submitting.

Attached Thumbnails

• User CP   iThemes PluginBuddy and WebDesign Community Forums.png

Glenn Tate
GT Management Systems
Toronto, Canada
@gtmanagement

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi,

View PostRonald, on 01 November 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Changing the password through the forum is currently not available.

we are looking into that,

Ronald

#7 rsconsult

rsconsult

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I am having the same issues as radices. I have to go through the reset password process every single time I try to log into the members area. This is incredibly frustrating!

#8 radices

radices

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

In the mean time just record the password it gave you and keep using that one until they get it sorted out.
Glenn Tate
GT Management Systems
Toronto, Canada
@gtmanagement

#9 rsconsult

rsconsult

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

It does not give me a password. When I submit to have the password reset, a link is emailed to me. I click on that and then I am taken to a page where I put in a new password. It will then log me into the members area. If I go back in later or the next day, I have to do the same process over again because it will not recognize the password I had previously reset it to. I did try my original password to see if it was holding on to that somehow and it does not work.

Do the passwords accept spaces and/or special characters or is it alpha/numeric only?

#10 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

@rsconsult,

View Postrsconsult, on 12 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

it will not recognize the password I had previously reset it to

And you can't change the password manually into another password, so that may be the confusion. A new password will be sent through e-mail. Unless you mean that the password assigned to you suddenly stops working? If that is the case, please send me an e-mail (ronald@ithemes.com) with a link to this topic, and your username and password, and I will investigate,

Ronald

#11 rsconsult

rsconsult

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have changed my password to something without any special characters or spaces and so far it seems to be holding. I'll email you if it does hold tomorrow.

#12 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

how (via which page) did you change your password? And yes, do keep me posted,

Ronald