Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Can't Connect With My Copy Of Backup Buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Charles Miller_*

Guest_Charles Miller_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I might have preferred to admit my failure in private. But... no big deal. I am a designer. Not well equipped for technical precision.

I have/had a working install of Backup Buddy on a WordPress website. Worked fine. Then it got deactivated. Don't know how.

When I tried to renew the license, I couldn't satisfy the password. Searched my Mac for an iThemes password, without finding anything. Thus I'm posting in your public forum. I did find a order number of some kind. 49825 / 6HR22585MV and 7 more numbers/letters. (Don't know if it's wise to give it here completely.) I purchased in March of this year.

If you could please advise me how to resume using Backup Buddy, I will be grateful.

Chuck M

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi Chuck,

Normally I'd tell you to sign in to the forum using the same username and password, since you're having password issues... :)

Have you tried resetting your password?  You'd do this from the same place you login to download your iThemes products (http://ithemes.com/member/member.php).  At the bottom of that page, you'll see a "Forgot Password" option.  Try using that to reset your password.  

Also, just so you are aware, BackupBuddy does not have to be licensed to work.  You can continue to backup your sites with BackupBuddy without it being licensed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_chuckmiller@new.rr.com_*

Guest_chuckmiller@new.rr.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

It worked great! Just like it would work in my wishful-thinking dreams.

Used your link. Confirmed my UN/PW. Logged in to re-license the site. A couple clicks and it was relicensed. Used it to do a Full Backup. Now I can update WordPress, rework the home page, and get regular auto backups like before.

Thanks for speed and a boost up to using a system that really works. If it seems I'm piling it on too thick, I don't care. I'm happy and on the move.