Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Test site solution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scot Trisel

Scot Trisel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

I have wordpress installed and hosted on my personal site...I would like to be able to design and customize themes for client projects and show them finished products before we purchase domain names and hosting for their official site.Then upon their approval take the modified themes and integrate them into their site. What is the best way to go about this? Does ithemes offer a solution?

#2 Guest_Benjamin Bradley_*

Guest_Benjamin Bradley_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/backupbuddy/

#3 Scot Trisel

Scot Trisel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

does the site that you are migrating the info to have to have backupbuddy as well?

#4 Guest_Benjamin Bradley_*

Guest_Benjamin Bradley_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

Upload the resulting backup zip file andimportbuddy.phpto the root web directory of the destination server.

You do not need to install WordPress or any other files on the destination server. The backup will handle this.

Edited by Benjamin Bradley, 14 April 2010 - 08:47 AM.