Free WordPress plugin called ServerBuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yvonne F Brown

Yvonne F Brown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

WordPress plugin called <a title="blocked::http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IgyVR&m=1ZI.xiKD3QCwr1&b=QyVYUbSs1EIIe9QrGvGQKA" href="http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IgyVR&m=1ZI.xiKD3QCwr1&b=QyVYUbSs1EIIe9QrGvGQKA" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">ServerBuddy</a>- information came to me recently and I am interested in utilizing it. My question is. It just says download it but I am not sure how to set it up and run it.

Is there a video that walks us through how to use this plugin?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,367 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi Yvonne, moving this to the ServerBuddy forum.

You install and activate the plugin just like any other plugin, and will find a menu Serverbuddy in the left sidebar. It has 2 options that you can click and it will provide you with a wealth of (mostly techy!) information. I can see various situations where I, as a support provider, would ask you to send that to me, in order to be able to analyse and debug possible issues for customers.

More on the plugin on the pluginbuddy website,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Amy Robertson

Amy Robertson

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi Ronald --

I'm having trouble getting this set up too. Read Me instructions say --

Upload the ServerBuddy directory frin the ServerBuddy ZIP file into your plugins directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.

Should I be looking for a file called "directory"? Not clear which file I should select to upload.

Amy

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,367 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hi Amy,

As with any plugin, you just need to upload the entire Serverbuddy folder (extracted from the zip file you downloaded) to the wp-content/plugins, but it may be easier to use the "Install Plugin" option from the WordPress dashboard > Plugins menu and select "upload" from the top navigation. Select the serverbuddy zip file you downloaded and you're good to go,

More on installing plugins,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Amy Robertson

Amy Robertson

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Thanks, Ronald!