Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Image/text Slider And Rotating Text Plugin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Xenia_*

Guest_Xenia_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hello, i have a few questions about the combination and text image slider Plugin ...

1. Is the text able to be read by search engines for SEO purposes??
2. Does it have a "random" slide function?

2. Do you have a plugin or do you offer a way to have div order randomize on a page ( so that the order of the div's change on each page refresh ) ?? ( for a testimonials page for example... )

3. I want to use your Rotating Text Plugin on my Thesis Wordpress site, is it compatible/will this work?

Specifically, I need to place the rotating text in an area i have chosen which is in my custom_functions.php file... see below, where is says "your custom content goes here"...

function middle_content_area() { ?>
<div id="middle_area" class="full_width">
    <div class="page">
    <div id="featured">
    <!--Your custom content goes in here!-->
    </div>
    </div>
</div>
<?php }
add_action('thesis_hook_before_content_area', 'middle_content_area');

Also, will the support department be able to help me with using it with my Thesis Wordpress site IF i have or there is a problem with implementing it?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Xenia

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hello Xenia,

Just for clarification, are you inquiring about Slides and the Rotating Text, or a different plugin?

1) I'm honestly not sure of the SEO implications. There are a ton of opinions on the matter that you can sift through with a google search.

2) Our Rotating Text plugin does have "random entry" option which will show different entries in a random order. However, our Slides plugin does not.

3) The best option that comes to mind for the "testimonials" if you'd like it to appear randomly would be Rotating Text. It however doesn't randomly reorder DIVs, and I'm not aware of a plugin that does.

4) Although it's not possible to say whether or not our plugins are compatible with every theme/plugin out there, I've noticed several Thesis theme users successfully integrate our plugins with their themes. Of course we'll help with anything thing we can as far as getting you set up, and with any issues that have to do with Rotating Text. However, if the issue is with the theme directly, we'll suggest that you contact the themes developers so you'll receive the proper support.

5) The Rotating Text plugin does support the use of shortcodes. You'll be able to implement any plugin that does through the use of the do_shortcode function. There's some information from the WordPress.org Codex below.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Guest_Xenia_*

Guest_Xenia_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hey Gerroald, thank you for your reply, those are the plugins i am referring to, yes...

1. I understand, but IS the text that i put in the/your slider available and able to be read by the search engine spider bots? ( :) ) Slide-deck says their is for example... i am not an expert, i have done some googling but i thought it would be different for each plugin/slider so that is why i am asking is YOUR slider SEO friendly in this way?
2. ok great, thanks. Can i also ask, does the rotating text plugin have a way to make the text "scroll" across the page horizontally?
3. ok, great idea, i will look into that...
4. ok great... so you certainly haven't come across/ or are aware of problems especially with Thesis and your plugins?
5. excellent! that definitely sounds /looks do-able

Thanks a lot for your help, you were helpful indeed, I appreciate you getting back to me with the answers to the above ...

Warm Wishes,

Xenia

#4 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hey Xenia,

1) This is really hard to give you a definite and honest answer of whether or not they'll be read. I can tell you the plugin wasn't designed to be a SEO tool. I can also tell you that our Rotating Text (which is the one you would want to use for text) plugin uses Javascript and assigns the CSS rule of display:none;. There are a lot of opinions on this. While it may be able to be read by bots, it really may not help with the SEO. I'm not and expert either :wink:, but I hope this helps.

2) At this time that is not an option.

4) We have no known absolute conflicts. One thing you can check is to see what version of jQuery they're using with your theme, We use 1.7.2 which ships with WordPress 3.4.2. Anything else could possibly cause conflicts.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#5 Guest_cielle_*

Guest_cielle_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

thanks Gerroald, that is helpful, I will consider my options...

Warm Wishes,

Xenia