Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Pre-Sale Question -- Loopbuddy Tapping Into Cart Data

loopbuddy cart existing data

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Charles_*

Guest_Charles_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm wondering if Loopbuddy can tap into my existing data in a shopping cart.  Specifically, I would like to be able to create a new page that would allow logged in users to see specific fields from previous purchases they made previously.  i.e. they could see just the name of the item(s) and prices (or whatever).

I'm pretty sure it can do it, but just wanted to make sure.  I looked through the documentation that I could find and only saw info on creating new fields.  Can you point me to some documentation on tapping into existing data?

Thanks for your help!  Ithemes rocks!

Charles

#2 Guest_Charles_*

Guest_Charles_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Sorry for the double post - I couldn't find my first question after about 15 minutes so I tried again.

C-

#3 BenjaminBradley

BenjaminBradley

Professor

• Administrators
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Charles, it really depends on if the shopping cart (which one are you using) creates the products in a custom post type.  If it creates the product as a custom post type then you'll be able to integrate loopbuddy into your workflow.
The Professor at WebDesign.com
Professional Web Design Training with WordPress ~~ WebDesign.com

#4 Guest_Charles_*

Guest_Charles_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Benjamin,

It looks like my cart does use custom post types - great news.  I'll buy the Loopbuddy plugin today and give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

Charles