Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backupbuddy Licence - I'm Confused.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_David Hall_*

Guest_David Hall_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hi - I'm interested in backup buddy but don't understand the way you licence.  What does 10 licences mean - 10 domains? - 10 servers?

How do you categorise sub-domains?

What happens if I'm transferring a website from development domain to a client domain - do both need to be licenced? If that's 2 licences - do I get one back when I delete the development copy of the website after transfer?

Is there a copy of the licence agreement somewhere on your website that would clarify this - I've looked for one & if there is its not obvious.

Finally - do you offer any kind of try before you buy - $150 is a lot for a plugin I can't try out.  I can't even view the support forum to get a feel for how many users are having problems

Thanks for any clarification you can offer

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi David,

Essentially, it means sites.  When you install BackupBuddy on a site, you have the option to license it.  You can install it on any site (or subdomain) you'd like, but each requires an individual license.  Licensing does not affect functionality however, so if you are testing on a subdomain, you don't have to license it.  After you transfer your site, you can go into your license manager (available on any site you have BackupBuddy installed on) and delete the license key from the development site and that would give back one of your available licenses.  

Here are our Terms and Conditions:  http://ithemes.com/terms-and-conditions-of-use/

We don't have a trail version of BackupBuddy available.  If you feel more comfortable purchasing the 2 licenses option to start (currently $75), you can upgrade to a higher package option for just the price difference.  This has to be done within your year of purchase, but you can contact sales@ithemes.com for more details.  

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Pam_*

Guest_Pam_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

I need help and can't find where to get it here, except by adding to this thread. I updated Backup Buddy and now I am getting a fatal error when I try to do a full backup. I did a full backup last week, made no changes, except updating BackUp Buddy. I am also getting an error message when I try to get to the Back Up Buddy forum . It says I do not have access to this area.

any help would be appreciated.

#4 Guest_charleen_*

Guest_charleen_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hi Pam:

You signed in as a guest so I cannot look up your membership.  If you could email sales@ithemes.com with your username I would appreciate it.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

#5 Guest_Thomas Kurz_*

Guest_Thomas Kurz_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

You don't make it easy to post a support question. I have logged in and I see no way of staring a tech support topic.

I have a 2-site BackupBuddy license and I can't install it on my second site. The BackupBuddy installs for hours, and then cannot be activated. I get the following message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/usr/www/users/wuef/test/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/lib/zipbuddy/zipbuddy.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/wuef/test/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/classes/admin.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/www/users/wuef/test/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/lib/zipbuddy/zipbuddy.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/wuef/test/wp-content/plugins/backupbuddy/classes/admin.php on line 29

Please reply to news@stadion.com

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,851 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

@Guest_Thomas Kurz,

you should sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

thanks!
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.