Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Copying The Base Site Of A Network To A Sub/directory

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Julie_*

Guest_Julie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi, I am looking to buy backup buddy plugin but I have a question before doing so. I want to be sure it can accomplish what I need to do. I created a site at www.groupeespaces.ca and it is in french. I created a network multi-site and added a new site as a sub/directory at www.groupeespaces.ca/en I want to copy the main site www.groupeespaces.ca to the new site www.groupeespaces.ca/en so that I can build the english from the exact replica of the french and not from scratch as it is right now. I already tried the plugin blog copier but as you can see from the image here : http://www.juliecloutier.com/network_images/blogcopier_trouble.jpg

It does not let me use the root www.groupeespaces.ca as the source blog to copy from.

Can backup buddy do this ?

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi Julie

Multisite functionality with BackupBuddy is in beta so is not officially supported and although you may use it you are not advised to do so on any mission-critical site or on any production (live) site that you do not have the technical knowledge or ability to troubleshoot and fix if any unusual issues occur - you can find additional information here: BackupBuddy Multisite - IThemes Codex

In particular (and specific to your question) BackupBuddy Multisite beta capability does not support exporting the main site for subsequent import to duplicate the site.

I hope this provides the information that you need but if you require any further clarification please let us know, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."