I am interested in Essence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Hello
I looked through the possible templates in this ithemes website and rather like the simplicity of the Essence template.
Before I commit my money, please advise if this is the right template for me:
My overall websites structure is as follows:
1. I will have a main website (which will be built using Essence, if it is suitable).This is the website I will be mainly promoting. There are a few other product websites (already built and running) which will be linked from the main website. The main website is the gateway to the other product websites, via links
2. This main website is really simple will have only a few sections: Home page, Product page, Article Post, Testimonial page and Contact Me page.
The Product page will be where the various links to the other product websites are located, using both image and text links
The Article Post is the place where I will periodically post articles and the only place where comments from readers are allowed. All others are static pages.
Is Essence suitable for me?
2 questions: a) The Wordpress templates shown in the videos are very much outdated ones. Will I get the latest Wordpress formats?
    b) There are too many navigation buttons in Essence for my needs. Can I remove them easily?     
Please favor me with an early response. Thanks        
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hi,
with Essence you can have a homepage, you can create a blog page, and you can create a page for products. There is a contact page built into Essence as well.
Navigation buttons will only be created for pages that you create, and you can use the built in menu builder to decide which pages go into the main navigation.
The themes are all updated and ready for the latest WordPress version. Some video tutorials were done over a year ago, before WordPress decided to redo their backend layout. This however does not change any of the functionality of the themes.
Hope this clarifies,Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for ur reply. It looks like Essence will be OK for my needs.
I am totally new to Wordpress, have not even creating a Wordpress blog before (those from Wordpress.com). My other websites I referred to above were built by someone else. I don't know if I am able to handle Essence. I have gone thro' your tutorials; are the tutorials all there or are there more elsewhere? For example, I don't see any tutorial on creating the post page, creating hyperlinks, renaming the widgets to what I want etc.
Am I suppose to have some fore-knowledge before coming here. Am I to learn that from somewhere first before coming here, and if is, where can I get them?
Like I said, I am definitely keen to buy Essence, but just holding back because of the above issue. <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#4 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:17 AM

Can somebody from Ithemes reading this please email me as soon as possible?
1. I bought Essence today but could not download.
2. I don't know how to reach customer support
3. I could not go to member forum.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

Hi, our apologies,
all iThemes sites suffered an extensive downtime due to server errors. Our tech guys managed to get all/most sites back up, and needed to take a well deserved rest, we will have to investigate if there are any other issues as a result from this.
(And in general: customer support is provided through these forum, however, for theme support, you need to have access via the membership site.)
We apologise for the inconvenience, it will all be sorted asap,Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:00 AM

It was impossible for me to log in at support forums. Somehow I lost my login details unfortunately. I emailed asking for new login details (username & password). The response that came told me the login details had been sent to my email address, but it never came.
Anyway, after payment, I only downloaded the files shown in the screenshot below. Nowhere showed I could download the template
http://screencast.com/t/NDgzMmFiY
Plse have someone liaise with me ASAP, and thanks
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:06 AM

And in the mean time, it would be wise to have a look at some of these resources:
- http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons
- http://lorelle.wordpress.com/wordpress-resources/
- http://wordpress.tv/
- http://www.wpbeginner.com/
- http://wordpresstraining.com/training-index/
Have fun!Ronald

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:17 AM

Hi,
the files are the theme files, in a folder named Essence-something, that you should upload to your server,to the themes directory in your WordPress folder wp-content/themes/{theme-name}/{theme-files}
I have no admin access to the membership area, so you should contact sales@ithemes.com. Since you did manage to download the theme files, you must have had a username / password at one point I assume. But there may also be a glitch in the mail settings, due to last nights server issues.
Anyway, sales will be available during normal (US) business hours.
Again, I apologise, unfortuntely, server crashes are not planned, take a long time to recover from, and there may be glitches. Once our tech staff is back on it, we can iron these out.
Ronald

#9 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:42 AM

Thanks Ron, glitches do happen . As long as it is unintentional and somebody is looking at the solution, it's OK.
I will just keep myself busy with those tutorials you recommended in the meantime.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#10 Guest_WK_*

Guest_WK_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

Ron,
Do me another favor please. Can you bring this to the attention of somebody (sales/admin/technical) in ithemes asap? Thx<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

#11 Guest_jamesdalman_*

Guest_jamesdalman_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

WK - Please know that if you sent an e-mail, we did receive it and answer them by the timestamp and order received ... and if it is something outside of support (since that is covered here) we will get back as quickly as possible.  Sorry for the problem and we will try and get this resolved ASAP.