Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Real Estate

real estate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 stevedavidson58

stevedavidson58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

do you have a theme suitable for real estate management company?  or real estate agents?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,849 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi Steve,

We have the theme iReal Estate (http://ithemes.com/purchase/ireal-estate/) which is built with real estate agents in mind. This is not a Builder theme, however, in case that's what you're looking for.

If you are interested in Builder, we have a number if themes, all of which you can customize your layout with.

Was there a specific feature you were looking for? Let us know if so and we can tell you what we have.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 bagels1480

bagels1480

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Wondering if the "iReal Estate" or any Builder themes offer a "toggle switch" allowing the client to easily turn on/off a real-estate property listing?

In other words, a property manager (client) typically has several rental properties available at any given time, and would like to be able to easily show/hide them from her site, without the need to repeatedly create/delete those pages.

Anything like this available?

Thanks!

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

the iRealEstate is a WordPress theme, as is Builder. It does not contain any functionality, listings etc. Listings in iRealEstate are incorporated as WordPress posts. Posts can always switch between "published" and "draft" mode of course, and there are also plugins: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-hide-post/

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 bagels1480

bagels1480

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ronald, as always you've come through again!

I've been building a few sites with Builder, but never realized native Wordpress has that feature. Also, in addition to turning a page On/Off as a Draft, there is another setting: Visibility: Public, Password protected, or Private

I think with iRealEstate or a Builder theme, and this Wordpress function, I should be able to do what the client needs.

Thanks!

#6 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Steve and Jeff - I used iRealEstate in 2009 and liked it. However, Builder sites are much easier to work with and customize and are actively being updated. Unless things have changed, there was a lot of code required in the jtabber (wow I remember the name of it) in the top right corner to customize it.
I strongly suggest using a builder site.
Realize that if your agent wants IDX/MLS data, you're going to have to get a plugin and pay a monthly fee for that data. In my opinion, agent sites that don't do that aren't very efficient because they will have to post the same data multiple times. And if it isn't dynamically updated, whenever there's a price change whoever maintains the site will have to do it in the MLS and then again on the website.
Jeff Fila
Albany Digital Services, LLC - Web Development / Technical Training / Technical Writing
Real Estate Digital Services - Real Estate Web Development / Virtual Tours / Single Property Websites / Marketing / Graphics
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#7 bagels1480

bagels1480

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

jtf1117, thanks for the insights! I agree with your suggestion of staying with Builder child themes, for the reason you mention, and esp. since I'm becoming more familiar with them.

Will check with the prospective client about her needs; I think she's a rental-property manager, not a realtor, so will have consistent inventory (apartments, etc.) available at various times, rather than a constant stream of home listings whihc come and go and which are dependent on MLS data, etc..

Thanks again!