Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy Stash And Developer Licensing

backup buddy stash developers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 bipi2006

bipi2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi there - I was wondering about using Backup Buddy stash for my clients.

I'm running into that maximum-transfer-limit bugger on DropBox, and I'd like to provide my clients with a nice backup storage solution that integrates with Backup Buddy.

Is there a way to do this for each client separately? Where I could have them sign up for, say, the $35/year plan themselves? I'm concerned about buying the big 25GB plan for my business and storing their backups myself from a liability standpoint, but also from a failsafe standpoint.

Any thoughts on how to best do this?

Thanks a ton!

D'nelle

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,849 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi D'nelle,

Your clients can't actually purchase Stash without also purchasing BackupBuddy.  I'm not sure what "liability" it is that your concerned about, but if you're concerned about clients being able to access the backups from other clients stored in Stash, they'd have to have your iThemes password to access the backups of any sites other than their own.  And obviously being able to store backups somewhere other than their server is always a good failsafe in case their sites crash.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I'll help you out.

Thanks,

Elise