Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Content Control For Mobile Site?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Leland Brandt_*

Guest_Leland Brandt_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi,
I'm looking at plug-ins to create a mobile version of the wordpress site that I manage (www.ttne.com). Mostly, I'm trying to find one that enables me to manage what posts/pages show up on the mobile version. I can't tell if your plug-in enables me to make those kinds of decisions or it is mostly designed to create a mobile-friendly version of the desktop version of the site, which includes all of the content.

For example, if I create a category titled "Mobile" and then tag certain posts with this category, can I then direct your plug-in to only display that category in the mobile version it creates?  There are some pages and posts that I just don't want to include and others that I would wish to feature, taking into account the limited screen size and people's attention spans.

Thank you,

Leland Brandt

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi Leland,

With PluginBuddy Mobile, you can control which pages show on the mobile version of your site simply by creating a menu in WordPress' built-in Menus editor and applying it to the plugin.  There is not away, however, to filter the posts that show on your mobile site.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise