in progress

Pb-Tweet Issue?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 cshtech

cshtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi

In the past few weeks, PB-Tweet on my site has not been displaying actual tweets on more and more occasions. At first I thought it may be Twitter themselves but it happens so often I'm beginning to wonder if there is something else....?

I've attached a screenshot of the area at the top of the site and have checked that the plugin is the latest version.

Can anyone look into why this is happening....I'd much rather use a plugin from iThemes if at all possible. Thanks.

Regards

Chris

pb-tweet.png

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hello Chris,

Could you share a URL to your site so we can see this in action?

Have you updated all of your plugins? Have you had a chance to check for a plugin conflict? You can deactivate all of your plugins and see if that resolves the issue. If so, reactivate them one at a time to find the culprit.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks

Gerroald

#3 cshtech

cshtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

I was about to switch off other plugins when I saw this error message in my Wordpress dashboard: -

The plugin generated 296 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

I will uninstall and try reinstalling to see what happens - will let you know.

#4 cshtech

cshtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

The URL is cshcomputerservices.com but I've deactivated the plugin at the moment.

Just uninstalled plugin and reinstalled - got the same error message and no twitter feed. Is there anywhere I can look to see a log of the error?

Also when I reinstalled the plugin, the Twitter name was already filled in so uninstallation didn't clear everything....?

Thanks.

Chris

#5 cshtech

cshtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

The URL is cshcomputerservices.com but I've deactivated the plugin at the moment.

Just uninstalled plugin and reinstalled - got the same error message and no twitter feed. Is there anywhere I can look to see a log of the error?

Also when I reinstalled the plugin, the Twitter name was already filled in so uninstallation didn't clear everything....?

Thanks.

Chris

#6 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hey Chris,

Please let me know when you do have it active so we can see the issue in action.

Did you get a chance to check for a plugin conflict?

It would be worth actually deleting the plugin, and trying out a fresh copy. This could also be related to Twitter changing their API recently and could "fix" it's self in due time.

Your settings are stored in the database and not the plugin, so it's expected for the data to be there.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#7 cshtech

cshtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi Gerroald

I think you may have misread my last entry - I did delete it.

When I reinstalled it I got the same error message, which is why I asked if there were any logs located anywhere so that I can post them to help troubleshoot.

No conflicts when I disabled non-iThemes plugins.

I've already had customers asking what my twitter name was doing on its own at the top of the website, so I'm a little bit reticent about leaving it enabled whilst it's not working properly. If I activate the plugin again, all you will see is what the screenshot I uploaded above shows, so would there be anything in the page source that would assist if it was reactivated?

Regards,

Chris

#8 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hey Chris,

I'm looking into this further. I did want to ask if you've had a chance to check out BoomBar yet? The reason I ask is that it has a twitter option as well. You can download it from your Members Panel and give it a spin.

Please let me know of this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#9 coachb

coachb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Having the same issue when activating the plugin as reported above.
"The plugin generated 296 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin."

It appears this issue has remained open for more than a month. Is this still being looked into or should I find an alternative solution for displaying tweets?

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi coachb,

I replied to your post here:  http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/37245-is-pb-tweet-still-supported/

Thanks,

Elise