Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Tabber content

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scot Trisel

Scot Trisel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Where do i add the content for each tab...for instance i have a 3 tab setup, and want different information to appear in each of the three tabs....

http://scottrisel.com/

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

You will add the content for your tabs in the widget area in the dashboard. It should have created three tabber widget sections in the dashboard for you to put content into.

Good luck, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

#3 marvmarv

marvmarv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Webdesign, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

I've got the same question. I have my tabs but can you say specifically where in the dashboard we can add content to the tabbed areas?

thank you

#4 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Ruth:

Appearance -> Widgets.

#5 marvmarv

marvmarv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I have created a tabbed area, with labels for each tab. After I did this, I see they appear in my list of elements on the right side of the Appearance > Widgets screen in the dashboard. Let me just call them "capsules;" they are the gray capsules that have the names of layout elements I've created.

After I created the tabber tabs, my list is like this:

Tabber-Current Projects-water quality

Tabber-CurrentProjects-salamander

Tabber-Current Projects-woodpile

Then my default items are listed ... such as 780 Home-Above Content-1 ... and the like

Where I have placed my tabber widget, in 960-Home-Footer Widgets-1, I see that clicking open the capsule opens it to show "Tabber Widget: Current projects" (the name of this particular tabbed area). I don't see where to enter content here. I'm on a mac; is there some control key I should be using to activate some live area?

I got this far by following the tutorial by Brian Gatley.

http://www.vimeo.com/8730281

I may be missing it, but I don't see where to enter content.

Thanks. I know the answer will be easy once you point it out. I really like the tabber plugin.

Here's my site under development:

http://174.120.61.58/~sustain/blog/

Ruth

#6 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:54 AM

Ruth,

In the gray capsules, you should drag and drop a text widget (if you want to show text in the widget). Then type in desired text.

If you would like to say, show Latest Posts in the tabber widget, you should drag and drop the Latest posts widget.

#7 marvmarv

marvmarv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

Thank you for the info and for the links.

Ruth