Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Update Builder Core Or Builder Child Theme?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TraktorProTutorials.com_*

Guest_TraktorProTutorials.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hello community,
I recently sent and email to iThemes sales before go ahead and renew my subscription and they ask me to post it here…
Here are the questions:

I have a question regarding the Builder and Builder Child Theme.
I’m not a web designer at all, I’m a DJ…
I have purchased last year a full package of about 197.00 with many themes because I didn’t know what I was doing in wordpress back then. But I end up using only one witch is the Builder Core and the Builder Child Theme.
To me… this is just an amazing tool that you guys have created and I’m very satisfied with it!

My question:

1. After I updated my wordpress to 3.5 the “Appearance Tab”  doesn’t show the widgets anymore. Is this because I haven’t purchased the renew? Is this just related to the new update in wordpress and it will be fixed after I purchase the new Builder 4.0?
I’m also including a picuter with this email so you guys see what I’m talking about.

2. In the last year I’ve been using the Builder, have you guys released any updates? And if yes… Are these update supposed to be done automatic or it should appear on the update tab of wordpress as it does with all plug ins?

3. Since I use only the Builder and Builder Child… should I buy only the Builder?
And the reason I ask is because when I first purchased and started watching the tutorials, you guys recommend using the Builder Child because it will be ease to update the Core theme.

It is clear that I don’t need everything I got last year because I only need and use one, but before I go ahead and buy it… I would like you guys to point me to the right direction.

Here is my site’s address: TraktorProTutorials.com
I have spent sleepless night to get to this, and don’t want to have any problems with the update so this is the reason I’m contacting you guys before I go ahead and buy the new one.

The sales team reply this:

Hi:

Thank you for your patience.

1.  I am not a techy but you may want to ask in our pre-sales forum.  However, it may be related to our new release of Builder.

http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/17-pre-sales-and-other-inquiries/

2.  WordPress dashboard under Themes.

3.  If you only use a single Child Theme then I would purchase the one that you use as all of our Single Child Theme packages $80 include:

Builder Core
Builder Child Default
Several Plugins
Builder Child of your choice

I'm just confused with answer #3... witch one should I buy? Don't I need Builder Core as well as Builder Child Default?

Just in case... my email is TraktorProTutorials@live.com

Thank you for your help!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

Builder has been updated to resolve the missing widgets issue. There have also been many updates, you could subscribe to our newsletter, follow our blog or our Twitter and Facebook or Google Plus feeds to stay up to date.

#3. is telling you to purchase only the childtheme you use, and lets you know what is included, like Builder core.

hope this helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 deejaymarcio

deejaymarcio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!
Thank you much!!!!!!!

One last question...

How do I update the Theme?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postdeejaymarcio, on 30 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

How do I update the Theme?

Like any other WordPress theme, by replacing the current version of the theme in wp-content/themes folder. Child themes shouldn't be updated if you made modifications though.

For further specific technical Builder support, please use the Builder support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/64-builder/

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Nadine_*

Guest_Nadine_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi, I am having the same issue, I have a current subscription and I have lost ALL OF MY WIDGET CONTENT...MONTHS OF WORK.  I can't get int ot he support forum, it tells me I can't "do that".

All of my Itheme websites are missing their widgets...I have error messages everywhere..
I have no plugins or anything else out of date, everything has been updated.
Every time I have tried to post on this support forum, my post doesn't show.  I'm loosing hours and hours and hours right now and feeling frustrated.
Nadine Larder

Fatal Error ([url=""%5Dhide%5B/url%5D)

The theme has encountered a problem that it cannot recover from. Please use the following information to try to resolve the problem.
Error Code: php_code_error:1:/home/wwwmarke/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/builder-core/admin-functions.php:28:Call to undefined method WP_Screen::add_help_sidebar() Message: A fatal code error occurred.

If you are unable to fix this problem, please copy all the text on this screen and send it to support@ithemes.com.

Debug Data:
Array
(
%5B0] => Array
(
[file] => /home/wwwmarke/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/classes/it-error.php
[line] => 121
[function] => fatal
[class] => ITError
[type] => ::
[args] => Array
(
[0] => php_code_error:1:/home/wwwmarke/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/builder-core/admin-functions.php:28:Call to undefined method WP_Screen::add_help_sidebar()
[1] => A fatal code error occurred.
)

)

[1] => Array
(
[file] => /home/wwwmarke/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/classes/it-error.php
[line] => 148
[function] => handle_error
[class] => ITError
[type] => ::
[args] => Array
(
[0] => 1
[1] => Call to undefined method WP_Screen::add_help_sidebar()
[2] => /home/wwwmarke/public_html/wp-content/themes/Builder/lib/builder-core/admin-functions.php
[3] => 28
)

)

[2] => Array
(
[function] => it_error_shutdown
[args] => Array
(
)

)

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi Nadine,

yours is not the same issue, it is another error. Updating WordPress and Builder parent theme to the latest version, and this should be resolved,

But you should sign in to the forum with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the appropriate forums, in this case the Builder support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/64-builder/

thanks,
Ronald