Itheme's Wp Hosting Recommendation

hosting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Terry_*

Guest_Terry_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I like what I see from iThemes and I am considering jumping on board, but I am confused by iThemes' hosting recommendations. The iThemes' website footer recommends Site5 but the iThemes eBooks recommend Hostgator. Can anybody help me sort this out? Thanks.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi Terry,

We recommend Site5 for hosting.  If you already have hosting with HostGator and would like to continue using them, you can do so.  We have occasionally seen issues with HostGator and BackupBuddy, but our support forums are able to help out with most issues.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Christine--FLPedaler

Christine--FLPedaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I have recently made the jump to Site5...
I am just getting started there, but they did an amazing job migrating an old non WP php messy site for me... and another WP one later.
...am happy with Site5.  Really like their backend admin area.  

I had experienced a real lack of attention and service with Host Gator over the last 6 months... very disappointing... something has definitely changed there.

I still have some sites with Host Gator and with GoDaddy (yikes)... :eek:
... but am starting to move things over to Site5 as they renew...

Question... I heard there was a discount code for Site5 for ithemes users
... it's been awhile since I started another new account with Site5 and am ready to do so and wondered if that code was still around and what the promo was?

Hope to hear soon... as want to do this asap.  :D

Thanks!

Christine
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 11,012 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hi Christine

Happy to hear that you are having a good experience with Site5 :-)

Unfortunately I do not believe there are any current iThemes specific discounts active with Site5 as those before were related to when we initially hooked up although they may themselves have offer discounts available if, for example, you had a client that you were setting up an account for (so they represented a new customer) - in any case it is always worth asking them ;-)

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."