Managing Licenses For Plugin Buddy & Display Buddy

plugin buddy display buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Allen_*

Guest_Allen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hey everybody,

I purchased a few PLR websites and I've recently put them together the way that I want them and everything runs smoothly and I love the plugins. However, the person who sold me the sites is the one who has a member account. I'm only his customer and I don't have those privileges. He gave a very simple authentication key to initially install everything and it worked just fine. But when I go to my plugins page, I see a yellow bar above a few plugins stating that I need to manage licenses.

The yellow bar specifically says:
Manage Licenses | License Key is not set yet or invalid. Manage your license for automatic upgrades. Plugin up to date.

I have the latest version of Wordpress (3.5) installed and everything is running smoothly. My concern is that as time goes on and these things need to be upgraded, that they won't be.

I'm actually building a business of selling these websites but I don't want to sell them and have my customers have the same problem that I'm having with the licenses.

Is there anything that anyone can do to point me in the right direction? I tried contacting the vendor but he's been having some difficulties and I just wanted to come here to see if anyone knew anything that might help.

The plugins that give me the yellow bar are: Accordion, BackupBuddy, Billboard, Copious Comments, PluginBuddy Mobile, Rotating Images, Thumbs Up, and Video Showcase.

Oh yea and I'm running on a few different themes from WooThemes: FreshNews, Headlines, and Busy Bee.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi Allen,

In order to license the plugins, you'd need to log into the license manager and generate a license key.  To do that,  you'd need to purchase the products, you'd only be able to license the products you own.

The products will work without being licensed.  Licensing is used only for access to support and for product updates.  Licensing does not affect plugin functionality in at all.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Allen_*

Guest_Allen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Oh okay. I think I understand. Please confirm this for me....

I purchased the sites from someone with the plugins already installed but because I don't personally have a license, I won't be able to get the support and updates?

And if that's true, if I decided to sell the website to someone else, would they be able to use my auth key or would they too need to purchase the $197 package?

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi Allen,

To have access to the support forums and updates?  Yes, they would need to have an account so that they'd have access to those things.  But to just use the products, no.  They can use them on the site if you've installed them.  If, for example however, WordPress updates and there is suddenly a conflict with one of the products that an update corrects, they'd have to have a membership with us.    

They wouldn't necessarily need to buy the whole DevSuite that is currently $197.  For instance, they could buy Slideshow with 2 licenses, currently for $25.  Some of the products in DisplayBuddy aren't sold individually, so they would need to at least buy DisplayBuddy ($150 currently).

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi Support,

I am in the same situation as the previous customer above.  I purchased a site from a vendor who has an account with you and my site works fine, except when I try to change the images in the DisplayBuddy SlideShow it does not allow me to do so.

So I decided to purchase the Slideshow with 2 licenses, however, the site says I need to have a login account which I can only get if I buy a theme from ithemes.com which I don't need.

Please tell me if there is a way to either change the images in the slideshow or purchase the slideshow license key without having to buy a separate theme which I don't need.

Thanks,

Alex

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,690 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi Alex,

Whether a site is licensed or not, plugin functionality will never be affected. So I would like to ask you to please sign in to the forum with the username and password you used when purchasing Slideshow, and post in the Slideshow forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/109-slideshow/

Themes are not licensed the same way as plugins, and are unrelated. So there is no need whatsoever to purchase a theme to be able to license a plugin.

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.