Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Migrations Allows To Duplicate Wp Installation?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_diogo_*

Guest_diogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I would like to know if it's possible to achieve a goal with the migrations.

Let's say I have an installation of worpress with all the configurations and plugins set up. Then I need to install another worpress in a different domain, but with all the configs and plugins as the previous. Can I duplicate the installation of the previous one to the new one ? How the wordpress url configuration is changed so both installation stay associated to each domain ?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,624 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi diogo

When performing a migration to a new domain the migration process updates the database content and key files as required to use the new domain information and new database information that you provide. This is one of the primary roles for BackupBuddy and the associated restore/migration utility and is a process performed by many Customers, both developers when delivering client sites (or taking copies to work on, etc.) and ordinary users that may be moving or creating new sites.

Note that a migration will exactly duplicate the original site (installation) including all the content, etc.

I hope that provides the information that you need but if you have any additional question in this respect please let us know, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_noah_*

Guest_noah_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hi,

Will Builder automatically show my wordpress site once I activate it, or do I have to REBUILD  my entire site in builder?

#4 geezadrc

geezadrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hi diogo

Jeremy said:

View PostJeremy Trask, on 10 January 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Note that a migration will exactly duplicate the original site (installation) including all the content, etc.

The only thing to note is plugins that are lisenced to the old site will need to be lisenced on the new one

Regards
Dave

I'm a web monkey from the UK and have been using builder since it was first released.

If you would like to hire me get in touch