Will Backupbuddy Be Able To......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chaq_*

Guest_Chaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

I am interested in the BackupBuddy plugin. I want to use this plugin for the project websites that I will be installing on the client domain later on.
The personal license would be enough for me. The client will not get this plugin. This will be only used to backup the project website and install the website on the new domain. After that the plugin will be uninstalled.

What I would like to know is that most hosts have a limit on the upload database option when loged in phpMyAdmin. Usually this is 8mb of they have a time limit. The first website that I want to use BackupBuddy for, has a database of 50mb. Will BackupBuddy be able to upload/ restore this database without any problem?

kind regards,

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for your interest in BackupBuddy.

BackupBuddy is not subject to whatever limits your hosting might apply to phpMyAdmin usage with respect to database dump handling as it uses other methods for handing the database.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_Chaq_*

Guest_Chaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks you for your reply. In that case I will definitely get this plugin.

#4 Guest_Chaq_*

Guest_Chaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Is in my case a personal license enough? I will install the plugin on the website that I want to transfer from one domain to another domain.

#5 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Certainly the Personal option will meet your requirements as stated. If you find that your requirements change subsequently then you can always upgrade your membership.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#6 Guest_Chaq_*

Guest_Chaq_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely buy this plugin.