information

New Essence Versus Old Essence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nigel Smith_*

Guest_Nigel Smith_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I am considering buying new Essence child of Builder

Can you confirm that it has the same shuffling image featureton the home page that the old has? (Without human intervention.)
I cannot tell from the websiten where it only appears as a static image

Secondly. The text beside this front page image is enetered rather awkwardly in the old version . Has that been improved?

Nigel

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Nigel,

Essence "classic" included a rotating image script for the home page. Builder allows you to design your pages anyway you want. Rotating Images plugin is included with your purchase of Builder, yet you are free to include it "anywhere" (in any layout). I am not sure what you mean by "without human intervention". You decide what your Builder site looks like, and how content is arranged. You might want to watch the video on the Builder page to see this in action.

For instance, on the Essence theme demo, we see a header module, followed by a Navigation module, after that there is a widget module, using 2 widgets. The left widget uses a static image (but that could easily be replaced by a shortcode to show the rotating images plugin), and the text on the right is done by adding a text widget. This could also be added before the navigation module, or another module could be added.

Essence on Builder is essentially "just" a skin based on the looks of Essence Classic. Theme options have not been integrated in the Builder child theme.

hope this clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_NigelSmith_*

Guest_NigelSmith_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I had looked at the video and found it helpful but not definitive.

By no 'human hand' I mean that rotating images worked automatically and didn't need, as some do, to have a hand click on an arrow?

It sound as if the text beside the rotator is much easier being a widget that the original rather clunky input on a settings page.

Finally will the import pick up most of my existing Essence settings and content? I presume that the new front page top widget won't but that is easy to deal with

Nigel