Presale Question : Migrating

wordpress migration subdomains

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sara_*

Guest_Sara_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Will Backup Buddy smoothly migrate a site from subdomain to root, in my case : test.domainname.com to--> domainname.com?

Would I still have to mess with the database?

I'm a newbie w/ dealing with migration or anything MySQL, so with that knowledge : is BUB a good choice?

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,626 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi Sara,

BackupBuddy can migrate from a subdomain to the main domain. For a BackupBuddy restore or migration it will need a blank database to import into at the destination site. How it got there or blank doesn't matter as long as one is. Most either create a new database (that has an associated user with all privileges) or wipes the one already at the location to re-use it. If host has a cpanel then ImportBuddy can help in creating a database, but generally it is something the user will need to do.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_sara_*

Guest_sara_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Very helpful, I can handle that much, thank you for the info so quickly! I will look further into a purchasing decision. :)