Level Of Customization

child themes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kristi_*

Guest_Kristi_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have a very precise idea of what I want my website to look like, and none of the child themes quite meet my needs. I can't tell by watching the video on the builder 4.0 layout editor if I can precisely control the heights and widths and colors of the various building blocks (header, content, widget, etc...) or whether i have to choose from pre-ordained sizes.  In other words, can I made my website look exactly like I want to look without editing a child theme?  Thank you.

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hello Kristy,

Thanks for your interest in iThemes products!

Our child themes can merely be the starting point for your development. You can customize them to look exactly the way you would like. There's no need to actually edit the child theme. After getting the general layout sorted you can style the sizes, colors, fonts, etc either using our StyleManager or your own custom CSS. There are no limits to the level of customization that you can perform.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Note that Stylemanager is a generic Builder tool for making basic changes to your site. Not all aspects of your site can be changed through Stylemanager.

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Kristi Sanford_*

Guest_Kristi Sanford_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Ronald & Gerroald:
Thank you for answering my question. I just want to make sure I understand.

I know CSS and HTML, but do not know PHP.  I want to build a website/blog for my organization that reflects my design but that functions as a word press site so that my coworkers can edit content (not design) without knowing code. I'm looking for a theme that is flexible enough to allow me to do page templates (home page, content pages, blog pages, etc...) and assign them to pages.  This is clearly withing Builder's capability.   I just also want be sure that I'll be able to access the CSS to make changes not available through the Stylemanager.  Is there a document somewhere that outlines what you can and cannot control through style maker?  
Thanks!
Kristi