information

How Customisable Is Redbud And Other Ithemes?

redbud customisation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jacqui_*

Guest_Jacqui_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hello,

I'm just starting out in the blogging/website world and have been searching for a premium theme that I like, Redbud caught my eye, coupled with the fact that ithemes is listed in Wordpress commercial themes list. I'll be using Wordpress and Bluehost but I haven't found a 'stock' Wordpress.org theme that I like 'as is'.

Forgive my "green-ness", but how customisable is Redbud (or other ithemes child themes), particularly for a newbie? For instance, can I change colours of elements of the site and choose my own fonts? Can I do things like that without having any coding or HTML knowledge? I hope to learn more about, but for now I just want to get going with a good-looking, user-friendly theme!

BTW, a couple of my 'pre-sales' questions were answered already by searching your forum,, such as Builder being included with the child theme - thanks. One clarification though: I see that purchase only gives support for one year. What is the cost for ongoing support after the first year if I purchase this theme? Is it one-time or an annual cost?

Many Thanks,

Jacqui from Australia

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Redbud and other Builder child themes are fully customizable. You can use Style Manager to do basic style changes like setting up body background and link regular and hover colors. For further changes that are not possible via Style Manager, CSS code can be written. Our users regularly post support questions in Builder forum and we help them with the needed CSS code as long as the customizations aren't beyond the scope of our support.

...For instance, can I change colours of elements of the site and choose my own fonts? Can I do things like that without having any coding or HTML knowledge? I hope to learn more about, but for now I just want to get going with a good-looking, user-friendly theme!

Colours of certain elements can be changed using Style Manager. See Style Manager's scope/limitation. For everything else, you can use a tool like Firebug to help you arrive at the needed CSS code and place it in style.css.

It is possible to add fonts in Style Manager. @font-face and Google fonts can also be added with little effort. See this codex article. It is meant for Rotating Text - but the overall idea still holds valid.

One clarification though: I see that purchase only gives support for one year. What is the cost for ongoing support after the first year if I purchase this theme? Is it one-time or an annual cost?

My colleague will answer this question for you.

#3 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

To answer that last question:

It is annual renewal (with 25% "loyalty" discount for existing/renewing customers)