General Questions about Builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_HotFlashDiva_*

Guest_HotFlashDiva_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'm leaning toward purchasing Builder and still have a few questions:

1. I've read that you are not sure about making Builder compatible w/BuddyPress and that is a feature that is important to my site development. Have you changed your thinking on that item, if so, what is the target date for compatibility release?

2. Can Builder be set up as an eCommerce site, shopping cart, etc? This is probably a novice question, but I'm new to wp and not familiar w/php. I can work w/html and css but not php at all.

3. If I'm building a site for a client, can I make a copy of the site for their computer or do they need Builder installed on their computer as well?

4. If I build a site for sale to download from my website, does the customer need Builder in order to use and modify the wp site purchased from me that was built using the Builder theme?

In researching templates, I referenced the site review from technosailor mentioned by Cory and looked at Genisis but am still leaning toward Builder. The Genisis site is not near as easy to navigate as iThemes and doesn't appear to be as flexible as iThemes even though they recieved a higher score, I don't see it. But these questions will help tremendously.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,722 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi,

I will try to answer most of these, but I may have to leave some for our main Builder developer, Chris Jean who is out of town for a couple of days,

1. I am sure we will make Builder Buddypress ready, but I have no dates on that, will have to pass this on.

2. Any WordPress site can be setup as an ecommerce site, using plugins. In that respect, Builder is no more, or less than any other WordPress theme. Builder does not have any ecommerce features built in (neither has any other WordPress theme actually).

3. Builder is not a theme generator, it is "simply" a WordPress theme with loads of features and flexibility. If you want to use your Builder design on another domain, it has to be installed as the active theme (or in most cases, it has to be installed as a theme, and a Builder child theme as the active theme).

4. I think 3. covers that. Builder is the theme.

I hope these help a bit, I will make sure that Chris Jean, the brains behind Builder will add his comments to this, and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.