Backupbuddy On Bluehost

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I read different thinks about the use of BackupBuddy on Bluehost. I would really like to know if I can use BackupBuddy on my bluehost shared hosting. I have different Wordpress websites running on Bluehost. Most of them have there own database.
I want to use BackupBuddy only for manually making an backup and restore/ move.

The first website that I am planing to move to another domain and host has a database that is almost 50mb and the website (Wordpress) files are 300mb. I have a little more than 20.000 uploads/ pictures in the database. Will this work with BackupBuddy and Bluehost?

Thanks

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi John,

It may work on Bluehost. The larger the site the harder the time it will be to back up a site before max PHP runtime is met on any host's shared hosting. There are manual workarounds and tweaks that can be done to help it but it may be troublesome with Bluehost if site is large.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX