Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

What Is Required And What Do I Get For An Allure Theme?

Allure themes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Carrie_*

Guest_Carrie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Right now, I'm using a free Wordpress.org theme.  I created my own child theme in order to tweak some minimal customization.  I'm interested in one of the Allure themes.  What is required to purchase one of these?  I've heard your themes referred to as "child themes" - so - does that mean I need to purchase a parent also?

Secondly, I've been burned in the past and purchased themes based on what I see in the Live Demo.  What exactly am I getting if I purchase "Khaki?"  Am I really getting all the features I see in the demo, i.e. the centered box in the header for site title, the widget options in sidebar, the widget ready footer etc.

Thank you!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,410 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

thanks for your inquiry, With your purchase of Allure, the parent theme (Allure Foundation) is required, AND of course included. No need for an extra purchase. And yes, you get the features from the demo, but NOT the actual content. So you need to add and configure widgets of your choice. The widgets you see in the demo are sample content and optional for you to setup. Not using social media? No need to configure and include the social profiles widget. But if you do want to use it, you need to add your social profile info etc. in order to make the social widgets work..

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Carrie_*

Guest_Carrie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thank you, it does help.  Am I still able to create a child theme to make slight customization such as my own copyright?  If you don't mind, I'd also like to know how the theme updates work.  Am I correct in understanding I can only receive theme updates if I continue a paid membership beyond the initial year?

Thanks again for all the information!