Will Itheme Do What I NeedWP e-Commerce
Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:28 PM
I'm stuck with a problem. I was trying to add WP-eCommerce to a Thesis 1.8 theme and it's a mess. I'm wondering if one of your themes might be worth switching over to.
The site is www.skinesthetics.com. I currently have the shop and products pages lightly password protected. To view the shop page, enter “shop” and to view the products page enter “products”.
Here's what I need the theme to do.
1. It needs to actually function correctly with WP e-commerce, which it is not.
2. It needs to have the buttons like the Add to Cart show up instead of getting cut off.
3. We don’t like how the category list takes up most of the main area so when you click a category you don’t see the products change because they are down so far on the page. My thought is to have a custom page template for the products page so that I can place the Image Widget (Dermalogica logo), Shopping Cart and Product Categories widgets in the side bar but none of the other widgets that are in the side bar of the pages in the rest of the site. (I tried swapping some of the page templates from the default in Thesis but they didn’t seem to change anything.)
4. Another solution to the above problem would be to create a drop down menu containing all the product categories, except I couldn’t figure out how to do that. If viewers could click on a dropdown item and have it update the product previews in the main area, that would be the most elegant solution.
5. Also, my client and Dermalogica love the way the site looks now, with a small amount of green on the sides but most of the body of the site as white. Dermalogica has some strict guidelines we have to adhere to.
6. Another solution would be to have a separate theme just for the shop, but I wasn’t sure the best way to set that up, and would prefer everything to be in one theme/site.
That should be it. Thanks for taking a look at this for me!
Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:14 AM
Builder Child theme Market and Depot are pre-configured to work with wp-ecommerce. You can go through the demos and see if that fits your needs first. Upon purchase of the theme, you will have access to the support forums, where you will get help on bugs, issues, and minor(!) customisation requests (change a colour here, add a margin there, change a background colour), but full site customisation requests, new or changes in functionality (such as your #4) are not included but can be handled by our services department.
Perhaps you could go through these theme demos first, and decide whether or not it will fit your requirements.
hope this helps, a bit.
Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.
To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.
When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.