Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shane_*

Guest_Shane_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi there,

If I were to offer a Wordpress backup service to online clients using Backup Buddy, would I have to buy and use a virtual private server? (vps level server)

Also it would be great if you could explain the process of backing up clients wordpress sites using Backup Buddy.
One thing that concerns me is when the plugin gets installed on a clients site, the client may play around with the plugin himself and damage things somehow.   Is there a way to restrict the clients use of the plugin?
Do people who backup online client sites simply install and uninstall the plugin everytime they backup clients wordpress sites?

thanks

shane

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,430 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hi Shane,

1. VPS isn't required, though the bigger the site is the more likely shared hosting won't be enough simply from lack of resources and limits to server configurations the host will have put in place.

2. Uninstalling/installing the plugin is one way, but generally there isn't a set way of preventing them from using the plugin if they have administrator capabilities. Can log out of the license manager to keep them from that part of it but they could still do the other backup, scheduling, migration, and settings parts. What other people typically do for that type of situation I'm not entirely sure, they'd have to tell you what they do for it.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Shane_*

Guest_Shane_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Okay,  thanks for the fast reply  :)

Have a great day.

Shane