Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Wp Update Has Broken Builder Website

builder widgets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alison_*

Guest_Alison_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

A couple of years ago I bought a 6 month access pass to ithemes and I built a couple of sites using the Builder theme.

One of the clients I built a site for now wants some changes, starting with an upgrade of WP as he was running an old version still. however, the upgrade appears to ahve broken the theme as I can now no longer see the Widgets within the Appearance settings.

I understand there is a later version of Builder but surely I must be able to access the basic wordpress features - including widgets - without having to upgrade to a new version of the theme? Please help - I need to remove three widget areas as they are offering services he no longer offers!

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hi Alison,

To have access to support and to updates of Builder, you would need to renew your membership.  One of the recent updates to WordPress created a conflict with Builder which hides the widget menu.  You can still reach it by going to yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/widgets.php.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

There are also two places to get to the widgets page for a specific Layout. When at My Theme > Layouts & Views, you can hover over a Layout's row and click the "Widgets" link to go to the widgets page for that Layout. If your Builder version is recent enough, from the front-end of the site, you can use the Builder > Manage Widgets for this Layout link in the admin menu bar at the top of the page to bring up the widgets page for the currently-viewed Layout.

#4 jantsu78

jantsu78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Is this bug fixed already or should i wait before renew?

#5 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Builder has had a fix for this issue for a while now. So if you are waiting for this to be fixed before renewing, you don't need to wait any more. :)