Languale Files Builder Available?

language files builder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Erwin Odendaal_*

Guest_Erwin Odendaal_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'm thinking about starting to work with "Builder". But a lot of my sites are multi-lingual (or in Dutch only). Does iThemes provide language files in French and German (and hopefully in Dutch also)?
If not, is it possible to do the translations myself and to use these in my sites without the use of plugins? (In the case of only having a Dutch version so there's no need to use a plugin like WPML).

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,721 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Hi,

language files are not supplied with Builder, but the theme is translatable. You can use poedit to translate the theme "manually" but I prefer to use the codestyling localization plugin to do the translation and generate the required po and mo files. Once translated, there is no need to keep this plugin active,

Once you have access to our members forum, you might want to get in touch with other Dutch Builder users to see if they already have a translation for Builder and the child theme you intend to use,.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.