Loopbuddy - Latest Post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pete Harrison_*

Guest_Pete Harrison_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Is it possible to return only the latest post in a category with LoopBuddy? My home page will have several content areas, some showing full posts and some excerpts only, but I do not want any navigation to older/newer posts on this page. Other pages will show the full list of posts.

Many thanks
Pete

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi Pete,

Yes, it is possible to only show the latest post in LoopBuddy based on how you create your query.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Pete Harrison_*

Guest_Pete Harrison_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Thanks for this, However, can I be more specific and ask if Loopbuddy will help me achieve this.

I have two sites I'm working on. One has 3 pages for news posts, sport and events. Its front page shows 1 post, a featured article and 3 sub-articles which are excerpts. These posts I have categorised as front-main and front-sub so I can select them, but they are a also news, sport or events too. I want no post navigation shown. These posts may not necessarily be the latest posts in there categories, that's why they have the additional front page category.
My other site has a front page with multiple excerpts from differently categorised posts. It needs to show the latest posts in the different categories as well as a 'product spotlight' post and a 'this months recipe' post. Again no previous and newer posts navigation needed.
Regards Pete

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi Pete,

In LoopBuddy, you can create different queries that include/exclude certain categories.  So, for instance, you can have a query that specifically calls your sports post and you can set it to show just the one post.  You also have the option to enable/disable pagination, so it wouldn't show the previous/next post/page option.  

You can then place LoopBuddy on the page in a widget area or place it in a content area using shortcodes.

Thanks,

Elise