Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Ver 0.1.4 wp-admin warning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bioeco_852f

bioeco_852f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

Just ran Wordpress & Server Security test using version 0.1.4

I'm getting a warning that wp-admin is set at 755 when 644 is needed.

If I change permissions for the wp-admin folder via fireftp to 0644 it resets itself to 0744, but I also get the following error when I recheck with serverbuddy:

'You don't have permission to access /wp-main/wp-admin/admin.php
on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
request.'

My wp-admin/admin.php file is set to 644

Thanks, Mark

#2 Guest_Connie_*

Guest_Connie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'm having same issue except now it has totally locked me out of the admin completely. Doesn't matter what I do, change permissions back, remove the plugin completely...I'm just locked out and cannot get back in. Any suggestions?

#3 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Some server configurations do not allow such strict security although it is the safest.

If you're still locked out make sure that you are recursively changing the permissions so that all files and directories inside of the directory are having their permissions corrected.

Thanks!
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In