Locale Adaptability

locale language format

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marga_*

Guest_Marga_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi,
I am interested in purchasing the RedBud theme and I would like to know to what extent the template can be adapted to my locale settings (latin). For instance, in the RedBud theme posts are decorated with a label displaying a short date (e.g. Jan 13). According to the region I live in, it should be displayed as "13 Gen", being "Gen" the short name for January in Catalan language ("Gener"). Also notice the order of the day and the month: in latin locale, the day goes first. So, not only I require the theme to be translated but also I need to make it show things in the correct format (time, date, etc...).

On the other hand I'd like to know whether the theme can interfere with other Wordpress extensions such as SEO tools, social share buttons, etc...

BTW, I use Wordpress 3.5.1

Thank you.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,328 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hi,

the theme is translatable, and assuming that there also is a Catalan WordPress language pack, this should not be an issue. The only thing that may require a manual change is to change the order of the date fields. Should such a change be required, on our support forums we will help out and provide the code and instructions to do so.

We have no reports of any conflicts with the plugins you mention,

hope that clarifies, let us know if you have any other questions,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Marga_*

Guest_Marga_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Indeed, there's a Catalan language package for WP.

Cheers,
Claudi