Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy On Older Wordpress Sites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stan_*

Guest_Stan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi,

I have a client that is using WP 3.0.1 and I need to move the site to another host.  He is using older plugins and is reluctant to upgrade because of the plugins breaking and having to spend more money getting things fixed or finding different plugins.  Will Backup Buddy work on this older install?

Thanks,
Stan

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,875 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi Stan

Thanks for your enquiry. The server requirements are described under the Questions/FAQ on the BackupBuddy product information page: BackupBuddy - the premiere WordPress backup plugin to backup, restore and move WordPress | iThemes

With such an old WordPress version (over 2.5 years) and consequently probably many out of date and possible no longer supported plugins (and possibly theme) it's impossible to say whether or not it will work out of the box without some tweaking (and maybe doing things like deactivating plugins that may be interfering). Certainly there will be functionality that will not work but as noted in the product information we do try and maintain backward compatibility as much as we possibly can as far as WordPress core itself is concerned and the core plugin capabilities. We do also still have available an earlier BackupBuddy version which can be used for older sites and _may_ be more compatible but again it's not guaranteed.

I hope the above information is helpful in making your decision and of course if you have any additional question or clarification required in this respect please let us know.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_Stan_*

Guest_Stan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks.  So If I get the backup Buddy plugin I will get the latest version and have access to older plugin versions that might work?

Thanks,
Stan

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,875 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hi Stan

Yes, you will be able to download and install the current release stream version and have access to unlimited updates and support for the current release stream version for the duration of your membership. You will also have access to the final version of the previous release stream which is now frozen - however, please note that support for previous release stream version is on a best effort basis and there will be no updates as this version is now frozen.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."