All Access Pass, Builder-Style

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dioni2a

dioni2a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hey Guys,

Not to give an already-busy team more to do, but I'd be REAL open to buying the full-meal-deal All-Access Theme Pass if all those awesome themes you've got in there were all Builder Child Themes. It'd make administration and high-throughput production for clients an absolute breeze. It would be a must-have home run.

Any thoughts around something like that? Am I the only customer who's brought up this possibility? Cause it jumped out at me the first time I looked at Builder. In fact, I think I actually submitted a support ticket asking about that before I bought it. This could be a whole new income stream from the King theme/web design tool...

What say you?

By the way, I'm working on buying everything ELSE you sell. Got Builder and will be signing up for webdesign membership and PluginBuddy Developer Suite later today. So I'm serious when I say I would buy. Anybody else with me?

:-)

Have a great day.
Conceive, Commit, Create

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

Left a message to Cory w/ the URL of this thread.

In the mean time Dion, what's stopping you from customizing Builder to look like other themes?

See (both of these incomplete, but just shows the power and flexibility of Builder).

http://essence.sridharkatakam.com/

http://church.sridharkatakam.com/

Edited by Sridhar Katakam, 08 May 2010 - 12:06 PM.

#3 dioni2a

dioni2a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Well Holy Cr*p Sridhar!

I would say I haven't customized Builder like that because I lack the knowledge, talent, skill and overall smoothness of a Builder guru like Sridhar. Posted Image

I had to actually check the source code to confirm they were in fact Builder. I just bought webdesign U to learn exactly how to do this kind of thing but I clearly still don't have the vision, because I never would've suspected you could do THAT in Builder. And as the web design is only PART of what I do (I mostly do content/traffic/SEO/promotion stuff), I'm having a tough time getting very high very fast on the learning curve.

In fact, what did you did with your two sites is PRECISELY what I hope to get out of webdesign. In fact Cory, if you're listening, THE PRIMARY REASON I joined WDU is to learn how to maximize Builder.

But seriously Sridhar, thank you for not just being a great teacher here in the forum, but a model of possibility for folks like me trying to get our heads around this fantastic tool we've got.

Warmly,

Dion

Insight to Advance
Conceive, Commit, Create

#4 Cory Miller

Cory Miller

iThemes CEO

• Administrators
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

Dion, yes, we've definitely considered it and will be working on new styles as well as converting certain design elements in other popular themes into child themes for Builder.

The big difference is that Builder does so many things differently than a typical single theme (for instance, you have static layouts in single themes, but with Builder as you know, you can do whatever layout you want - and that just make design different) ... so we'll have to pick out design elements in those themes and rebuild a child themes.

So glad to hear you're using our tools and training for your business! And welcome to the WebDesign.com community!

Founder, iThemes.com
Making web design fun and easy since 2008

Please don't PM me but you can email me at cory@ithemes.com

#5 dioni2a

dioni2a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks Cory. Glad to be here! Or there, I guess. Definitely both. Posted Image

I haven't had time to dig into webdesign too deeply, but will you be providing trainings about how to use Builder specifically to duplicate looks in other themes, like Sridhar did?
Conceive, Commit, Create