Deployment From Dev To Production

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hello,

This is a suggestion i made to headway team and they advice me to look at Backbuddy for that need, so this is a pre sale question. Here was the suggestion : "i suggest a one click deployment capability from a development environment to a production environment (whatever one server or a cluster).

If it's a server, location and credentials could be fullfilled in preferences. The targetted server would be "pushed" in a maintenance mode during the updates.

In case of a cluster, headway in dev environment could ask to a backend through web services the list of servers with their credentials. Servers would be taken by batch, ie servers 1 and 2 are managed while the others are still in operation mode, then servers 2 and 4 and so on."

Does Backbuddy bring such deployments options ? I'm a little suprised, i though Backbuddy were a backup/restore script, if it's more than that, that becomes really interesting :)

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hey Alex,

You can use BackupBuddy to migrate your site from a development site to the live site, but you can't just push changes/updates from your development site to your live site using BackupBuddy.  You'd have to do a migration or restore in order to do that.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise