Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Product Sales Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Heather Dube_*

Guest_Heather Dube_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

if we install this on our site to handle automated backup, does this completely relinquish us from having to manually back up anything, or do we still need to backup our database or something else manually? also what forms of added security will this plug in add for our site?

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hello Heather,

Thanks for your interest in iThemes products!

I assume your asking in reference to BackupBuddy. BackupBuddy can be set up to back up your entire WordPress site including the database. You can store these backups in several different destinations including our very own Stash. You won't have manually backup anything, it's fully automated.

BackupBuddy is a backup plugins that you can restore and migrate your site with It's not a security plugin other than in the sense of having backups in case you somehow lose or break your site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Guest_Heather Dube_*

Guest_Heather Dube_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Thank you! Yes, I was referring to Backup Buddy. I think this is what we need. Seems everyone speaks highly of it, and Go Daddy recommended it, and I don't have the time to manually backup at the point we're at in our business. Is the cost only a one time fee, or is this membership based pricing, meaning we would have to pay renewal fees?

#4 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hey Heather,

There's a one time fee for the plugin, that includes one year of updates and support. After that year is up if you wish to continue getting updates and support you'll need to renew with a 25% customer loyalty discount. However, even if you choose not to renew you can continue to use the plugin. The licencing does not effect the functionality of the plugin.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald