Pre-Sale Licensing Question?

License keys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Leslee Russell_*

Guest_Leslee Russell_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi,

Just a quick question!

I build WP sites and sell them - obviously once sold the site needs to moved to the new owners hosting.

My question is, which license do I need? I do not intend to pass anything to the new owner I just want to move the site from my server to theirs.

If I were to buy a single license can the domain be changed each time I make a sale, because it will only be used once per domain?

Thanks
Leslee

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,146 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi Leslee,

The license system goes off of active licenses attached to sites when determining how many you are currently "using" of the allowed number. So it can work to attach a license to a site, do whatever with the site, then detach it to use it for a different site. If the migrated site is to get support for BackupBuddy (I'm assuming this thread is about BackupBuddy based on talk about "moving sites", but the licensing system would work similarly for any of the plugins) and new updates then it will need a license though.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX