Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Plugins,files, Db

plugins files db

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andrew Reichek_*

Guest_Andrew Reichek_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Dear Sir,

I have tried some free plugins to back up my wordpress site. I believe you have to backup the files, database, and plugins. With the free plugins I seem not to be able to backup the files portion.

I just need a company whereby I can backup the files portion. If I purchase your product what if I encounter errors with the download process? How will I know it will work on my site.

Andrew

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hey Andrew,

In our codex for BackupBuddy, we give a number of specifications to ensure BackupBuddy will work with your server:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy#Specifications

Just so you are aware, with BackupBuddy, you can do a complete backup of your site (files and database) or a database only backup.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

What about my Theme Files and Wordpress Files. With this back those up as well?

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Yes. It backs up the SQL database, plugins, files, themes, scripts, posts, settings, widgets, plugins and everything else in the WordPress database and directories. You can optionally include additional database tables or exclude directories.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise