Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Backupbuddy Version, Upgrade, Licensing

BackupBuddy upgrade BackupBuddy verion BackupBuddy licensing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 skibum

skibum

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I bought "PluginBuddy Developer Suite (Unlimited sites)" on 9-17-2011 for $147.75, Transaction ID: 7XB30711VX198784N, Invoice ID: 36226-BKC, as DavidPettit@TheInfoTechGroup.com

I thought that gave me lifetime unlimited sites licensing for BackupBuddy. Perhaps I was mistaken. When I try to generate licenses, I am not allowed to do so.

What is my next step to get to generating a license?

Separate question - I have versions up to 3.0.42. To get the most up to date version, is there some pro-rated upgrade price I need to pay and what is the amount?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi David,

During your year membership, you can license BackupBuddy on any number of sites with the unlimited package.  Once your year is over, you will no longer be able to license the product, but you can continue to install and use BackupBuddy on any site that you'd like.  Licensing does not affect plugin functionality.

There isn't a prorated package price for BackupBuddy, but there is a 25% off discount for returning customers.  If you are interested in purchasing BackupBuddy again, you can contact sales@ithemes.com and they can help you with your purchase and discount.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 skibum

skibum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

OK, but why does a valid license code that I had before, that I "managed" from within the plugin to not be assinged to a site that no longer exists, fail to work now on a new site?

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hi David,

It doesn't work because your licenses have expired; your licenses expire when your membership does.  So the ones you've generated previously expire and you will no longer be able to create new ones.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 skibum

skibum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

And not reuse them? I am not very happy with this new understanding. It does not match what I thought at the time of purchase. What is so unlimited about that? Unlimited for the subscription period and then frozen to only those sites and only for as long as the plugin stays active on the site without interruption or moving from one host to another? Not so nice, not so unlimited.That is my feedback to those who care. But I don't expect that to influense how open and revealing (or not) your company will be in the future in marketing and sales copy.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hey David,

Licenses are used for automatic updates to your products.  If you do not have access to product updates, there is no reason to license the plugin.  

What is so unlimited about that?

During your year membership, there is no limit to the number of sites you can install the plugin on and license it.  I apologize if that was confusing during your purchase, but it does say that it is "unlimited sites," not that you are able to license the product for an unlimited amount of time.  

Unlimited for the subscription period and then frozen to only those sites and only for as long as the plugin stays active on the site without interruption or moving from one host to another?

Licensed or not, you can use the plugin.  Again, having a license grants you access to automatic updates.  Even if you don't license the product, it is still functional.  Licensing doesn't affect the functionality.  As you no longer have access to product updates, licensing the product is unnecessary.  

Again, I apologize that the purchase process was confusing.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 skibum

skibum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thank you for clarifying that licensing is for updates vs. installation and usage. In that case, I will for now install and use the latest version I got while the license was still active. And, If I should ever need to have a later version, I'll order again with the "25% off discount for returning customers."